Emergency Management Consultant
Work at FPC Risk as Emergency Management Consultant
- Get a job with a lot of variety, right in the centre of current events around technology, safety, security and sustainability.
- Work at a company packed with energy, connecting decades of experience with a pioneering role in its field. All while continuously striving for innovation to stay on top of the market.
- Gain access to flexibility, confidence, and real opportunities for professional success and development.
- Enter a close-knit team in a horizontal-structured company, valuing participation.
- Receive maximum flexibility and freedom in shaping your job, step into a custom-fit career trajectory.
- Enjoy ownership over your schedule, work-life balance, and mobility while planning your projects.
- Experience teamwork and mutual learning, trust, and support on both technical and human level.
Your tasks and responsibilities
As Emergency Management Consultant you contribute to the realisation of the strategic objectives of FPC Risk EMS:
- Become a strategic partner in emergency planning and crisis management of industrial companies and civil aid services;
- Deliver innovative services and solutions with respect to emergency planning and crisis organisation.
- You execute projects independently or in team with colleagues
- You take care of the quality of your work and you propagate the professional ethics of FPC Risk
- You help to realise the strategic objectives of FPC Risk with your sense of initiative and your innovating ideas
- You communicate in a pro-active way and you focus on new opportunities with your customer
- You support junior colleagues according to our methodoloygy and practices
- The evaluation of an existing or new crisis organisation with clients
- Development of reports with a clear, compact analysis of the Emergency Management Strategy
- Formulation of pragmatic solutions in accordance with safety and business standards, laws and regulations
- Development of pre-incident and emergency response plans
- Support on operational, tactical and strategic level during the implementation process of the emergency management strategy
- Coach table-top exercises for the crisis management teams
- Emergency Management Awareness workshops for managers and employees;
- Emergency Management training.
- You work mainly in Belgium. Projects abroad are always determined in consultation.
- Engineer, Prevention advisor, Master in safety & security sciences, have a degree in disaster response or assimilated by experience
- Analytical spirit and pragmatic thinker
- Passion for organisational safety
- Innovative, creative and solution oriented
- Thorough knowledge of Dutch and English
- Smooth pen to redact accessible management reports
- Customer-oriented, sense of initiative
- Value added experience for the position:
- Practical experience in crisis management and cooperation with the governmental civil aid services
- Experience with evaluation or implementation of a safety culture
- 2 to 5 years experience as fire chief or safety coordinator or prevention consultant at a SEVESO-company
- Or strong affinity with the fire safety business