System Design Engineer
Work at FPC Risk as Fire Risk Engineer
- Get a job with a lot of variety, right in the center of current events around technology, safety, and sustainability.
- Work at a company packed with energy, connecting decades of experience with a pioneering role in its field. All while continuously striving for innovation to stay on top of the market.
- Gain access to flexibility, confidence, and real opportunities for professional success and development.
- Enter a close-knit team in a horizontal-structured company, valuing participation.
- Receive maximum flexibility and freedom in shaping your job, step into a custom-fit career trajectory.
- Enjoy ownership over your schedule, work-life balance, and mobility while planning your projects.
- Experience teamwork and mutual learning, trust, and support on both the technical and the human level.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Develop fire protection system design concepts, prepare tender packages and technical specifications
- Engineering calculations and data collection for designers
- Deliver technical support to the design department
- Quality control of drafts
- Follow-up on design standards of fire protection and detection systems
- You engineer fire safety systems:
- by going on field-visits and system-tests.
- by conducting the hydraulic analysis.
- by formulating requirements around fire protection.
- by executing technical calculations.
- by assisting the designers.
- by following-up on the design.
- by preparing specifications and tender documents.
- You have detailed fire protection design knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of standards and technical specifications of fire safety and detection systems
- Affinity with innovation, best practices on fire detection and safety systems
- You have a master’s degree or bachelor degree in a technical major (Industrial Science, Chemistry, Energy, Fire Protection, Electromechanics, or a similar field of expertise)
- General knowledge of design and AutoCAD software
- You are FPC Risk’s ideal candidate if your colleagues describe you as being:
- analytical and technical,
- practical and solution-oriented,
- communicative and precise,
- proactive and customer-driven,
- fluent in spoken and written Dutch and English.
What do we offer?
- A competitive salary with fringe benefits such as a mobile phone, laptop, mobility package, car, lease bike over time.
- We offer a challenging career in an innovative company. Our company culture can be described as informal, pragmatic, positive and dynamic.
- Real development opportunities within the job
- Variety in sector, location, and day-to-day activities
- Trust and ambition
- Open culture in body and mind